Tuesday, May 26, 2009

truck shocks

Here is a few tips on shocks and when to change them

Truck shocks are a very important item if you plan on keeping your truck for a very long time.
I know allot of you truckers neglect your shocks. Your shocks are a very important item in maintaining your truck from falling apart. Truck shocks keep your hood, dash, doors, switches, and everything else from rattling apart. I have seen trucks that do keep good shocks and trucks that don't and i can tell when i ck them over and test drive them.

I prefer gas shocks. Their close to the same price and my drivers always comment on how much better they drive and handle. I haven't as many truck drivers comment on fluid shocks.

The average mileage that I find fluid shocks leaking or when I find a gas shock is around 300,000. Some last longer but I recommend 300,000 because every time I change them on my customers that keep track of their repair bills. They always call me up and say they cant believe how much better it rides. That its a new truck again!

I know you don't want to spend no more than you half to but i would rather put a set of shocks on than repair a cracked hood, dash repair, wiring,switches,or kingpins from your front end shaking all day. Not to mention your back. OUCH

No comments: